Are there any security checks at the station?
Security checks are the responsibility of the national authorities of each country and are subject to change at any time. To ensure comfortable boarding during your travel, we recommend that you arrive early at the station and ensure sufficient time before your train’s departure.
At Paris Nord, there are security gates at the entrance of the Thalys platforms. Before boarding the train, each passenger will have to cross these checkpoints and have his luggage scanned.
Belgian international railway stations
At international stations in Belgium (Brussels-South, Liège-Guillemins, Antwerp Central), police authorities and security agents may conduct random checks on passengers by asking them to walk through a security gate and may ask them to scan their luggage.
Germany and the Netherlands
Currently, there are no specific security arrangements at stations served by Thalys in the Netherlands and Germany.
Last updated on the
Frequently asked questions
- What is My Driver by Thalys ?
- Is it possible to use my Miles to access the lounges?
- As a Club or Club+ member, can I invite other people with me into the Thalys Lounges?
- As a member of My Thalys World, can I access the lounges of the other railway companies?
- How can I access the Thalys Lounges?
- I would like to find out more about the stations and the services available.
- What services are available in Thalys Lounge&More in Brussels and Paris?
- In which cities are there Thalys Lounges and what are the access conditions?
- How early before the departure of my train should I arrive?
- How can I get to or leave the station?