What does “overbooking seat” mean?
Overbooking is meant to compensate for cancellations by providing you with a few additional seats (subject to availability and without guarantee). By using overbooking, Thalys wishes to offer you more travel options and flexibility.
If you have an overbooked ticket, please check with the Train Manager who will allocate you a seat, depending on the availability on board.
Last updated on the
Frequently asked questions
- Does Thalys offer special fares for companies?
- Can we benefit from special Thalys fares for family travel?
- Do seniors benefit from a special Thalys fare?
- Do young people under 26 benefit from a special Thalys fare?
- Do children benefit from a special Thalys fare?
- Does Thalys offer special fares for groups?
- Is it possible to combine a Belgian train ticket with a Thalys journey?
- Is it possible to add a person to an existing Thalys reservation?
- How do people with reduced mobility benefit from special services and fares?
- How can I book my Thalys ticket?