How can I show my subscription during an on-board ticket check?
When you travel on one of our trains, you may be asked to provide your Thalys number, or to present your Thalys TheCard card. These verifications take place:
- when checking the tickets before accessing the train
- during the welcome at the door
- during the trip
If you cannot prove that you have ThePass subscription, the Train Manager will apply the “on-board fare”, i.e. the price of the reference fare for the relevant comfort class plus an additional €25.
Last updated on the
Frequently asked questions
- Can I take another Thalys train rather than the one I'm booked on?
- Should I mention that I am a subscriber when I buy a ticket?
- Is there a call centre for subscribers?
- If I have purchased a subscription ticket that does not match my subscription, can I ask for a retroactive reimbursement?
- How can I show my subscription during an on-board ticket check?
- I just purchased my subscription online. How can I purchase my tickets?
- If I forget to mention my subscription when I purchase my ticket, can I ask for a retroactive reimbursement?
- Can I buy tickets with the All Belgian Stations (ABS) option at the rate corresponding to my subscription?