Do children benefit from a special Thalys fare?
Children benefit from an adapted fare for their travels in Thalys. Discover the different options:
Free for children under 4 years old
If your child is under 4 years old, he/she can travel for free and without a ticket. But beware, we cannot guarantee a separate seat. If you want to ensure your child has a seat, you must book a ticket at the kid rate.
Special fare for children under 12 years old
Children under 12 years old benefit from a single fare (KID) for each travel category: €15 in Standard, €20 in Comfort and €30 in Premium.
Authorisation to leave the country
Any minor residing in France who travels from France to another country without his/her parents must be in possession, in addition to his identity document, of an Authorisation to Leave the Country (ALC), duly completed and signed, and a copy of the identity document or passport of the parent or legal guardian of the ALC.
Without this authorisation, your child will be refused access on board of trains from Paris.
Last updated on the
Frequently asked questions
- Does Thalys offer special fares for companies?
- Can we benefit from special Thalys fares for family travel?
- Do seniors benefit from a special Thalys fare?
- Do young people under 26 benefit from a special Thalys fare?
- Do children benefit from a special Thalys fare?
- Does Thalys offer special fares for groups?
- Is it possible to combine a Belgian train ticket with a Thalys journey?
- Is it possible to add a person to an existing Thalys reservation?
- How do people with reduced mobility benefit from special services and fares?
- How can I book my Thalys ticket?