Can I take another Thalys train rather than the one I'm booked on?
Your Thalys ThePass subscription allows you to enjoy greater flexibility when travelling.
Thalys Frequent Pass
If you have the Frequent Pass subscription, you can enjoy free access to "framing" trains (those immediately after or before the train for which you have a reservation) on the same day in the same direction with a refundable and/or exchangeable ticket.
Please note that this advantage is subject to availability on board. A seat and seat catering in Premium are not guaranteed. Additionally, a ticket purchased on the Frequent Pass fare can be exchanged up to departure:
- exchanges are unlimited up to departure for the 30% discount fare
- exchanges are unlimited for the 50% discount fare up to 7 days before departure (thereafter your ticket can be exchanged up until departure on payment of the difference between the price of the reference fare and the price of fare relating to the exchange).
Thalys Premium Pass
If you are a Premium Pass subscriber and have a Premium, Comfort or Standard ticket (except for "Mini" fares and special offers), you can enjoy free access flexibility to all trains on the same day and in the same direction.
The access flexibility is subject to availability on board, without guarantee of a seat or the full range of Premium service.
Additionally, a ticket purchased on the Frequent Pass fare can be exchanged up to departure.
Last updated on the
Frequently asked questions
- What is the difference between the Thalys Pass and the Thalys Corporate Fares program?
- How do I use my digital My Thalys World card?
- In which cities are there Thalys Lounges and what are the access conditions?
- Can I take another Thalys train rather than the one I'm booked on?
- Should I mention that I am a subscriber when I buy a ticket?
- If I have purchased a subscription ticket that does not match my subscription, can I ask for a retroactive reimbursement?
- How can I show my subscription during an on-board ticket check?
- I just purchased my subscription online. How can I purchase my tickets?
- If I forget to mention my subscription when I purchase my ticket, can I ask for a retroactive reimbursement?
- Can I buy tickets with the All Belgian Stations (ABS) option at the rate corresponding to my subscription?